Cookies are small text files that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site.
- First-party cookies are cookies set by the website you visit. Only that website can read them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
Cookies can also be used to establish anonymised statistics about the browsing experience on our website.
The website of “www.nataliantefajewellery.com” mostly uses first-party cookies. These are cookies set and controlled by “www.nataliantefajewellery.com”and the manager of the website you visit. However, to view some of our pages, you will have to accept cookies from external organisations.
The 3 types of first-party cookie we use are to:
- store visitor preferences
- make our website operational
- gather analytics data (about user behaviour)
Visitor preferences cookies
These are set by us and only we and the manager of the website you visit can read them. They remember:
- if you have already replied to our survey pop-up (about how helpful the site content was) – so you will not be asked again
There are some cookies that we have to include in order for certain web pages to function. For this reason, they do not require your consent. In particular:
- technical cookies – these are required by certain IT systems.
We use these purely for internal research on how we can improve the service we provide for all our users.
The cookies simply assess how you interact with our website – as an anonymous user (the data gathered does not identify you personally).
Also, this data is not shared with any third parties or used for any other purpose. The anonymised statistics could be shared with contractors working on communication projects under contractual agreement with “www.nataliantefajewellery.com”.
However, you are free to refuse these types of cookies – either via the cookie banner you will see on the first page you visit or via “ Google analytics” service.
Some of our pages display content from external providers, e.g. Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. To view this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions. This includes their cookie policies, which we have no control over.
But if you do not view this content, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
- Third-party providers for the website of “www.nataliantefajewellery.com”
How can you manage cookies?
You can manage/delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org
Removing cookies from your device
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited.
Be aware though that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences).
Exemption from the obligation to notify and obtain consent from the subscriber or user
As an exception from the obligation to notify and obtain consent, Article 4 (5) of Law 3471/2006 stipulates that the installation of cookies is permitted when “the sole purpose of which is the conveyance of information through an electronic communications network, or which is necessary for the provision of information society services explicitly requested by the user or subscriber”.
The exempt “cookies” are those which are necessary for the connection to the website or the provision of the internet service.
More specifically, the categories of “cookies” that fall within the above exemption, while the user’s consent is not required, are as follows:
- “Cookies” that are necessary for the identification and/or retention of the content that the subscriber or user inserts during a session on a webpage for the entire duration of the particular session. For example, such cookies are necessary for the completion of an electronic form by the user or the registration of the purchases made by the user through an e-shop (e.g. by selecting the button “add to the cart”). “Persistent cookies” fall within the same category; they are installed for the same purpose and last for some hours.
- “Cookies” that are necessary for the authentication of the subscriber or user to services that require authentication (e.g. during the carrying-out of an online bank transaction).
- “Cookies” installed in order to serve the purpose of the subscriber’s or user’s security, for example “cookies” that track repeated failed attempts to log in to a user’s account on a particular webpage.
- “Cookies” with multimedia content, such as flash player “cookies”, during the session on a webpage. Such cookies are for example the “cookies” installed by viewing a video on the website that the user has visited.
- “Cookies” that are necessary for the realisation of the technique of load balancing in a connection to a webpage of the internet.
- “Cookies” that “remember” the choices of the subscriber or the user concerning the presentation of the webpage (e.g. “cookies” concerning the choice of a language or the presentation of search results on a website).
- “Cookies” installed through plug-ins on social networking webpages and enable sharing of the content between the authenticated members that have already logged in.
You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device. However, in this case, you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page. Moreover, some services and functionalities may not work properly at all (e.g. profile logging-in).
Analytically, the cookies used by “www.nataliantefajewellery.com” are as follows:
|PHPSESSID||This is a session cookie. It is used to identify a unique session on this website.||nataliantefajewellery.com||Session||Functional|
|redux_current_tab||To store current tab.||nataliantefajewellery.com||7 days||Functional|
|tk_ai||To store a unique user ID||nataliantefajewellery.com||Session||Statistics|
|wordpress_logged_in_[hash]||These are session cookies set for a user who is logged in||nataliantefajewellery.com||Session||Functional|
|wp-settings-[UID]||WordPress also sets a few wp-settings-[UID] cookies. The number on the end is the individual user ID from the user’s database table. These cookies are used to customise the view of the admin interface, and possibly also the main website interface. These cookies are set to expire 1 year after your last visit.||nataliantefajewellery.com||session||Functional|
|yith_wcwl_session_<COOKIEHASH>||This cookie is used by the PHP encryption language to allow SESSION variables to be stored on the web server. Essential for website access||nataliantefajewellery.com||365 days||Functional|